Why choose a PCA Registered Member?

When choosing a Property Care Specialist, first on your agenda should be finding out if they are recommended by a reputable governing body. By choosing an organisation that is part of the Property Care Association, you can rest assured that they have undergone rigorous checks to achieve and retain membership.

About the Property Care Association

The Property Care Association, or PCA as it is otherwise known, is the trade association representing timber, damp and waterproofing specialists across the United Kingdom. Members of the PCA can be trusted to rectify problems with affected buildings, by employing industry certified surveyors and technicians to uphold challenging standards.

Endorsed by Trustmark, the Property Care Association enables consumers to locate experienced tradesmen that are qualified in remedial treatments.

Request a Survey Online

Damp and Timber Problems?

Choosing a PCA Member

Every remedial company in the country will express their professionalism and efficiency on the job. But, don’t just take their word for it. Review companies, such as Reviews.co.uk, Trademark, and Which? are good sites that express reliable customer reviews and opinions to make sure you’re getting your value for money.

Do they know their stuff?

If you do not know a lot about the issues you are experiencing it can be difficult to gauge if your surveyor has enough understanding and experience. At Timberwise, our surveyors undergo thorough training to gain either a recognised CSRT or CSSW qualification or even both. A Certified Surveyor in Remedial Treatment (CSRT) will be efficient and know how to complete the job effectively as they have the knowledge and understanding that is required. The Certified Surveyor in Structural Waterproofing is a recognised qualification that means significant competency in waterproofing to a high level.

How the Surveys are Carried Out

  • Booking a Survey– Once you’ve contacted Timberwise via 0800 288 8660 or filling a request a survey form you can outline what the issues that are causing problems in your property. If the survey controller believes that there is a cause for concern then they will arrange a convenient time and date that is best suited to you.
  • Surveyor Visit– Surveyor will provide a full inspection of the property and conduct a survey detailing any problems that they have detected.
  • Written Report- A report will be sent you outlining the issues discussed on the day of the inspection and provide any initial costs of the repairs that you may need.

Contacting the Damp and Timber Specialists

If you’ve recently had a homebuyers report or simply need a specialist to rectify your property issue, our surveyors have the skillset and longevity in remedial work to help. Simply fill the form above to request a survey or give us a call on 0800 288 8660.